Centre for Interdisciplinary Collaboration in the Arts and Sciences (CICAS)
Who Are We?
Internal Server Error
In addition to fostering local connections, the centre advocates the importance of trans-disciplinary research that spans disciplinary and institutional boundaries, as well as encourages international research partnerships.
What Is Our Mandate?
- To provide an intellectual, innovative base for connecting with scholars locally, nationally, and worldwide.
- To cultivate trans-disciplinary, local, and international research at Nipissing University.
- To combine new models of knowledge interfacing and digital interaction with leading-edge research that connects creative pedagogy with critical inquiry, but also mobilizes critical inquiry and research across cultural and economic divides.
- To shed light on disciplinary commonalities without diluting individual disciplines.
- To encourage creative approaches to pedagogy and learning.
- To emphasize diversity and equality.
- To foster a new generation of undergraduate and graduate student researchers.
Do you wish to be a part of the centre’s collaborative efforts? Check out our webpages, or email Dr. Pavlina Radia, Director of CICAS, at email@example.com for further information.