Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
ICADP Part I:
- Minimum completion of Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent. Candidates without grade 12 can be admitted if they are 20 years or older and have been out of school for two years or more;
ICADP Part II:
- Successful completion of ICADP Part I courses with a minimum of 60% in each course; and,
- Successful completion of EDUC 1010 ICADP Practicum I;
- Successful completion of all components of Part I and Part II of the Aboriginal Classroom Assistant Diploma Program within four years from enrolment;
- Successful completion of Part I of the Aboriginal Classroom Assistant Diploma Program within four years from enrolment;
- Successful completion of the following courses:
- EDUC 2012 Working with Indigenous Children with Special Needs I (minimum 60% average);
- EDUC 1063 Information Technology in Classrooms (minimum 60% average);
- EDUC 1124 Introduction to Numeracy Strategies (minimum 60% average);
- EDUC 1023 Introduction to Literacy Strategies (minimum 60% average).
The program consists of two parts: two consecutive summer sessions at Nipissing University in North Bay, Ontario, and two in-school placements with a qualified teacher, in a classroom setting, during the school year.
Summer classes are held for six weeks. Students are enrolled in mandatory courses for the program. All courses are held during the week from Monday to Friday. Evenings and weekends are dedicated to preparing and completing course assignments.
Requests for information on admission to the Indigenous Summer Programs should be directed to:
Office of the Registrar
100 College Drive, Box 5002
North Bay ON P1B 8L7
Phone: 705-474-3450 ext. 4522