- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
- Canada Graduate Scholarship - Masters (NSERC, SSHRC, & CIHR)
- Canada Graduate Scholarship - Doctoral (NSERC, SSHRC, & CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)-Postgraduate Scholarships - Doctoral program (PGS-D)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) - Doctoral Fellowship
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)-Doctoral
- MacKenzie King Memorial Scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship-Doctoral
- Trudeau Scholarships- Doctoral
- Banting Post Doc Fellowship
- Ontario Women's Health Scholars Awards
Other Potential Funding/Award Sources:
These are a few other graduate student funding and award opportunities offered through third party organizations.
- SWAAC Graduate Student Award of Merit
- Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters Research Grants
- Indigenous Mentorship Network Program Scholarships
- The Simons Foundation Graduate Research Awards for Disarmament, Arms Control, and Non-Proliferation
- The Rotary Foundation
The Principle of Timely Completion
(formerly known as "The 10 Hour Rule")
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Students who do not wish to be limited to 10 hours of paid employment during their studies are strongly encouraged to pursue flex-time studies.
Funding for International Students
There are limited funding opportunities available for international students at Nipissing University. In order to obtain a study permit, international students must submit evidence of having enough funds to cover tuition and living expenses. Therefore, it is expected that all international students attending Nipissing will be able to support themselves and any dependents during their studies. International students in thesis-based programs may be eligible for an internal scholarship and/or assistantships, which are typically offered at the time of admission.
Method of Payment of Graduate Awards and Funding
Unless otherwise indicated, awards and funding are paid out in three equal installments throughout the fall, winter and spring terms.
For more information on Graduate Funding please contact:
The School of Graduate Studies